Heyho, 2014 :)

Dear 2014,

I know this would be a late post, yet I always start the beginning of a new year with wishes, contemplation, hopes, or anything that would soothe and boost my spirit for the year ahead.

So, as I myself considered, the year 2013 was a "getting lost" year for me. The confusing path to be chosen after graduated; the path that's already chosen in which I still doubt myself, and the path that is slowly waving goodbye to me. I know, I haven't set my goals, plans and strategy clearly. Note that, it is a BIG mistake which I regret the most in 2013.

I know I can not turn the time back. So, 2014, I hope I won't get lost as I had in 2013. I hope I can define what my dreams and goals clearly. I hope I won't be much disappointed if the plan didn't work as I hope. And I hope people won't get disappointed if the path I'll chosen is the less traveled path. I hope I have enough courage and sincerity to try my best, and accept whatever the result is. I hope I can get to know myself better. Well, that is far-more difficult than I expected. The year 2013 was the proof.

And, 2014, I know sometimes I can be a self-centered person. So. remind me, that dreams is also about being at the heart of others. Please do remind me that even the high-functioning sociopath like Sherlock Holmes also yearn for companion and friends. That life would be nice if we have reasons to get up every morning, and people who cheer us up and support the journey we're at. Remind me of that, 2014.

Also, for the late wishes since 2010 such as to be able to drive a car or watching one of favorite band concert performing live; I know, 2014, I don't ask for more. But, you know....

So, 2014...
Be the good one, please :)

Emmm, one more, can I wish to be skinnier, 2014?

Comments

Patch said…
Dearest Sinta. Your letter could not be any more inspiring. Right now I find myself being confused about myself and what to do with my life after the graduation. I knew that I would come to this point of life, but I didn't expecting it so soon. However, this modern world gives us so many opportunities, but still it is so hard for us to know what we like and to chose the right path. Since I am Asian and grew up in a Western culture, I find myself fighting against not anybody but me. The one side of me tell me to care about my mom, take care of her, make her proud -but the issue is, does it mean that I have to fulfill her wishes? I have in the recent years been thinking of taking over her business one day, but last summer a friend asked me: "Is that your dream, or is it your mom's?" Truly, I do not quite know. The other side of me tell me to be independent, do whatever I desire to do, grab every opportunities and live the life the way I want. But then I also realize that I cannot let go of my mom. She has always been there for me no matter what, even though she has been hard on me too. I could not find myself a good reason enough to do whatever the Western kids do. And you, who live in the culture where the family is the main focus, while you, as the new generation, want to follow your dream, taking another path, do something different, but at the same time you do not want to hurt or disappoint your family. I see the complex. But I also believe, deep inside the heart of every parent, they may be disappointed, but if they are smart enough to think: "What is the best for my child? What would make my child happy? To let him/her live his/her dream, or let him/her live my dream?" Think about it.