Ego

Yes, I defined ego here as self, a desire of showing your own capability or where you're good at (as I'm no a psychology student, forgive me if the definition isn't the best one, as Freud's maybe). Being in a voluntary-based organization, gives me a new perspective, and I got to know myself deeper.

And yes, ego drives person to show their best, to look better than other people, and somehow to look at other's weakness. "We want to be understood unconditionally", said the Kings of Convenience. We want to be understood, to be taken care of, and of course to be loved, unconditionally. I am also part of the groups, and I'm still learning to have less expectations and not to push myself so hard. 

I have ambitions, I do have ego to show or at least to leave a good ending as I will 'leave' this organization next few months. It's simply because I realized I haven't given as much as the other did. Yet, I hope I could still manage my expectations and realized that not everything in life has to be precised. Reminiscing the line in 5cm that "satu-satunya hal yang tidak pasti di dunia adalah ketidakpastian itu sendiri" and quoted Elle Woods  in Legally Blonde that "you should have faith in people...including yourself.", I'm gonna have faith to do this, even I know I only play small, tiny part.

Good night.

Comments